I write books for children and young adults. Sometimes I write short stories for grown-ups.
I am partnered with Jacinta di Mase Management as a literary agent of Young Adult (YA) & Middle Grade (MG) works, sourcing and signing new Australian authors for the literary agency. I am occasionally working with adult authors too.
More details of our submission policies can be found here.
This is in no way contingent to submitting to JDM, but I often get asked if I do writing workshops etc. and I do for various conferences and conventions throughout the year. But I also teamed up with Kill Your Darlings in 2020 for an online writing workshop that will be available for 12-months from August 2020; Writing for a Middle Grade Audience with Danielle Binks
Who I represent:
• Sher Rill Ng — children’s picture book, Our Little Inventor [Allen & Unwin, April 2019] • illustrations, Fairytales for Feisty Girls [Allen & Unwin, September 2018] • The Night of the Hiding Moon picture book illustrations [NLA Publishing, 2020] • Be Careful, Xiao Xin! and an untitled Book 2 with Alice Pung [Harper Collins, TBD]
• Fiona Hardy — debut contemporary MG novel, How to Make a Movie in Twelve Days [Affirm Press, September 2019], How to Write the Soundtrack to Your Life [Affirm Press, TBD 2020], How to Draw the Wrong Conclusions [Affirm Press, TBD 2021]
• Loretta Smith – Adult non-fiction historical biography A Spanner in the Works: The Extraordinary Story of Alice Anderson and Australia’s Only All-Girl Garage [Hachette, March 26 2019]
• Jane Gilmore – Adult non-fiction Fixed It: Violence and the Representation of Women in the Media [Penguin Random House, September 2019]
• Kylie Orr – Adult fiction novel The Fundraiser and an untitled Book 2 [HQ Imprint, Harlequin Australia 2022]
• Elizabeth James – YA novel Completely Normal (and other lies) [Hardie Grant, June 2022]