Danielle Binks is a Melbourne-based writer and literary agent with Jacinta di Mase Management. In 2017, she edited and contributed to Begin, End, Begin, an anthology of new Australian young adult writing inspired by the #LoveOzYA movement, which won the ABIA Book of the Year for Older Children (Ages 13+).
The Year the Maps Changed, Danielle’s bestselling middle-grade novel, was a 2021 Children’s Book Council of Australia (CBCA) Notable Book, and released in North America in 2022 with HarperCollins. Her first solo YA novel The Monster of Her Age released in 2021, and won in the Young Adult category of the 2022 Indie Book Awards.
Danielle is also teaching Fiction & Young Adult Writing in the Associate Degree of Professional Writing and Editing at RMIT University.
Interviews with Danielle:
• The Writer’s Burrow – one of my first interviews, from 2012
• Words and Nerds Podcast and 2021 episode 352
• Middle Grade Mavens podcast – episode 1 & episode 2
• Conversations with Friends – Danielle Binks & Fiona Hardy – on The First Time Podcast
• The Duck Pond – in-conversation with Jen Storer